Discover Eastham Park: Warren County's Vibrant Hub for Outdoor Activities
Eastham Park, nestled in the heart of Warren County, stands as a testament to nature's bounty and well-planned recreational facilities. As the County's rising star, Eastham Park continues to attract residents and visitors alike, owing to its diverse range of activities.
- Shenandoah River Access: Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the river, perfect for fishing, kayaking, or simply relaxing by the water's edge.
- Warren County Dog Park: A paradise for our four-legged friends, this dedicated space ensures your pets get their dose of fun and frolic.
- Picturesque Walking Trail: Embark on a rejuvenating stroll amidst nature, with our scenic walking trail.
- Versatile Athletic Fields: Whether you're a soccer enthusiast or a baseball aficionado, our top-notch fields cater to all.
- Picnic Haven: Unwind with family and friends in our picturesque picnic areas, equipped with all essentials.
- Outdoor Classroom: A unique blend of education and nature, offering an immersive learning experience.
Experience a world of outdoor wonders, all in one place, only at Eastham Park.
View more information about Eastham Park.
Experience the Charm of Eastham Park in Warren County
Eastham Park, a testament to the sheer dedication of the Warren County Department of Parks and Recreation, has emerged as a beacon of outdoor activities since its establishment in 2009. Operating diligently from dawn to dusk, this park encapsulates the essence of Warren County's commitment to blending natural beauty with recreational pursuits.
Highlights of Eastham Park:
- Historic Significance: Stroll by the ancient rock wall, a silent witness to the bygone era of an old road, and soak in the mesmerizing vistas of the Shenandoah River.
- Tribute to the Eastham Family: The park's development stands as a tribute to the contributions of the Eastham family, complemented by multiple grant sources.
- Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Public Boat Launch: A convenient gateway for water enthusiasts to explore the serene waters.
- Town of Front Royal Park: A space curated by the town, offering its unique touch of recreational activities.
- Expansive Public Parking Area: Ensuring visitors experience utmost convenience right from their arrival.
- Versatile Athletic Fields: Catering to various sports, the three multi-use fields are perfect for everyone from novices to professionals.
- Warren County Dog Park: A dedicated paradise for our furry friends.
- Innovative Outdoor Classroom: Where nature meets education, creating a transformative learning environment.
- Interpretive Signage: Enhancing the visitor's experience by offering insightful information about the park's unique features.
- Eastham Park Trail: Wander along this picturesque trail and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature.
Come, embrace the vibrant ambience and diverse offerings of Eastham Park - where every corner tells a story, and every facility promises an adventure.
Discover Waterfront Bliss at Eastham Park
Boat Launch and Parking Facility: Your Gateway to Adventure
Nestled at the culmination of Luray Avenue, adventure enthusiasts will find a Department of Game and Inland Fisheries public boat launch. It gracefully extends shoreline access to the South Fork of the Shenandoah River, opening a world of water escapades. Adjacently positioned is a dedicated public parking area, thoughtfully designed for users of the boat launch and neighboring park facilities. With ample space allocated for boat trailers and reinforced by adequate lighting, convenience is at its best.
Town of Front Royal Park: A Riverside Retreat
As you embark on the scenic journey of the Eastham Park Trail, you're greeted by the serene ambiance of a park curated by the Town of Front Royal. Strategically positioned, this facility is more than just a park – it's a blend of nature's best. Dotted with picnic tables, it offers a shade structure for those sunny days. Whether you're in the mood for a BBQ with its onsite grills or just want to relax, every amenity, including a drinking fountain, sitting areas, and restrooms, is at your disposal. But the cherry on top? The unparalleled vistas of the Shenandoah River, embraced by the majestic mountains that surround it.
Join us, and delve deep into nature's embrace, only at Eastham Park.
Versatile Athletic Fields at Eastham Park: Your Playground Awaits
From Soccer to Lacrosse: Fields Designed for Every Sport
Right next to our parking facility, discover the trio of multi-use athletic fields, masterfully maintained by the Warren County's Department of Parks and Recreation. Each field is meticulously designed to cater to a plethora of sports - be it soccer, football, rugby, or lacrosse. Our expansive green turfs ensure every player gets the optimal space and ambiance for an exhilarating game experience.
Book Your Game Day Today
Got a match planned or an event to host? These fields are available for reservations. To lock in your date, get in touch with the Warren County Community Center at 540-635-1021. Dive into a world of athletic excellence only at Eastham Park!
Warren County Dog Park
Warren County Dog Park: Unleash the Fun!
Space for Every Pooch: Big or Small, We Welcome Them All
Introducing Warren County Dog Park, a haven for dogs to run, play, and socialize! The park is segmented into two specially-designed off-leash areas:
- A generous 0.90-acre space, perfect for our smaller, timid, or senior fur-friends.
- A sprawling 1.90-acre area, giving larger breeds ample space to stretch their legs and run wild.
A Few Guidelines for a Pawsome Experience
To ensure everyone's safety and comfort, we require:
- All dogs to be duly licensed by their home jurisdiction.
- No children under 9 years are allowed within the fenced perimeters.
For your convenience, we've placed benches to relax on, trash receptacles for clean-up, and a dual-function drinking fountain to keep both pet parents and their pets refreshed.
Discover More About Our Dog Park! Your furry friend is in for a treat!
Eastham Park Walking Trail
Shenandoah Riverside Walking Trail: Discover Nature's Beauty
Embark on a Scenic Journey Along the River
Welcome to the enchanting walking trail that hugs the Shenandoah River's serene banks, drawing you closer to nature's marvels. As you tread its path, watch the trail veer subtly left, leading you through a tranquil wooded enclave, all the way up to the vicinity of Skyline High School and a unique outdoor classroom.
Currently stretching over a mile, the trail promises more exploration opportunities in the near future. An anticipated extension of another half-mile is slated for unveiling in the eagerly-awaited Phase Three of our park's evolution.
Keep Walking, Keep Discovering!
Are you interested in visiting Eastham Park? Here is how you get there!
From the North: Take U.S. 340/522 South into the Town of Front Royal. Take a left onto West 14th Street. Travel 1.4 miles and take a right on West Main Street. Take the first left onto Luray Avenue and continue 0.9 miles. The parking lot entrance is on the left before the boat launch.
From the South: Take Route 340/522 North and take a left onto Criser Road. Drive 0.5 miles and take the second left onto Luray Avenue. The parking lot entrance is 0.2 miles on the left before the boat launch.
From the East: Take VA-55 West into the Town of Front Royal. Take a left onto U.S. 340/South Royal Avenue. Drive 0.3 miles and turn right onto West Criser Road. Drive 0.5 miles, taking your second left onto Luray Avenue. The parking lot entrance is 0.2 miles on the left before the boat launch.
Embark on a Scenic Journey Across Front Royal's Best Attractions
Nestled within the mesmerizing landscape of Front Royal lies the Eastham Park Trail, segmented into three vital phases. But what makes it even more special is its connection to the expansive Royal Shenandoah Greenway (RSG).
The visionary concept of the RSG came to fruition through the collaborative efforts of the Front Royal-Warren County Tree Stewards and the adept guidance of Virginia Tech's Community Design Assistance Center. Stretching approximately four miles, the RSG is designed to seamlessly integrate Front Royal's prominent landmarks:
- Downtown Front Royal
- Front Royal-Warren County Visitor's Center
- Happy Creek Arboretum
- Samuel's Public Library
- A plethora of public parks and athletic fields
- Warren County Dog Park
- Three distinguished public school facilities
- The iconic Shenandoah National Park
- A convenient public boat landing
- Interpretive sites
- A unique outdoor classroom
The trail's expansive vision doesn't end here. Future plans aim to link the Greenway with a sprawling 240-acre land conservancy located north of the Luray Avenue boat landing. This area, flanking the serene South Fork of the Shenandoah River, has a rich history. Currently marked as an EPA Superfund site, it was once home to the former Avtex Fibers manufacturing facility.
Royal Shenandoah Greenway: Bridging Natural Beauty and Historical Significance.